Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Rainy Day.

It is raining today. There is something beautiful about rain. The thick heavy blanket of grey consumes everything all around, and the colours of the world appear different as they dance in the rain. There is something about the rain that draws you to seek out comfort. The strong and steady song of rain on the roof, the firm hum of the wind... their chorus puts an end to your plans of going to the beach with your kids. Instead you retreat to the lounge room with popcorn, movies and pajamas.

You cannot see clearly on rainy days. The view from the window does not display the glorious Pacific horizon that I know is there. All that is visible is a small patch of the grey covered world being tossed around by the wind and the rain. The world looks cold and bitter outside my window. But the beauty of the the horizon is not lost forever, it is just hidden by the clouds today. I know that somewhere above the grey blanket the sun is still shining in all its glory. And I know that I will see the sun rise over the Pacific again soon.

What a mirror to my heart...

It is raining today...   But the beauty of the the horizon is not lost forever, it is just hidden by the clouds today. I know that somewhere above the grey blanket the Son is still shining in all His glory. And I know that I will see the Son rise over the Pacific again soon.

Psalm 27: 13-14

There is something beautiful about rain.



2 comments:

  1. Jakki,

    This is beautiful... I feel your heart beat in every word... Prayers to you friend.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. "The beauty of the the horizon is not lost forever." Looking at rain in a new way!

    ReplyDelete